Going gluten free and worried about all the chicken fingers you'll be missing? Fret not. This recipe is easy and delicious.
- 1lb raw chicken tenders (or chicken breasts cut into 2" strips)
- 2 eggs
- 100% pure avocado oil spray (we used Chosen Foods brand)
- 4 tablespoons gluten free flour (we used gluten free bisquick pancake mix)
- 1 teaspoon nashville hot seasoning mix (optional, makes them spicy)
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes (or red peppers flakes)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional, but recommended because it makes them crispier)
Directions: Grab 3 wide bowls (or salad dishes if it has a high rim) and whip the 2 eggs in one of them. In the second bowl combine your flour (pancake mix) and nashville hot seasoning. In the 3rd bowl combine the bread crumbs and remaining spices.
Preheat Air Fryer to 390 degrees fahrenheit
Step 1 - Dredge chicken strips in the flour mixture until completely coated.
Step 2 - Dip chicken in egg and coat evenly. Shake off excess egg.
Step 3 - Place chicken in bread crumb mixture and coat chicken completely.
Step 4 - Place chicken onto a parchment lined basket (can also be used without parchment, but that's messy so why do it?)
Repeat steps until all the chicken is prepared. Spray chickens with avocado oil spray until glossy (don't over do it.) We are using avocado oil because it has a very high smoke point of 500 degrees. This ensures that nothing gets burned, just cripsy and delicious.
Cook for 5-6 minutes. Turn chickens over. Spray other side and cook for 6-7 minutes.
That's it. Enjoy with your favorite sauce. We like ranch with paprika.