FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
Find answers to common questions about Dio Candle Company, candle storage guidelines, and much more!
Why soy wax? What’s the difference?
We pride ourselves on using USA-grown soy wax in all our candles for several reasons.
- Soy is non-toxic and burns “clean,” i.e. petro-carbon free.
Ever notice the black soot left around the jar tops of your store-bought paraffin candles? That’s called petro-carbon soot, which is a byproduct of burning paraffin, a refined gasoline. This toxin not only increases CO2 levels in our fragile atmosphere, but has also been linked to several respiratory ailments and allergies.
Soy wax, on the other hand, burns petro-carbon free. This helps maintain pure air quality and reduce home maintenance problems associated with soot deposits from candles. A candle that produces considerably less or no soot is one we can feel good about sending to our customers’ homes!
- Soy candles generally burn longer. Some estimates say that soy candles, when burned properly, burn up to 50% longer than paraffin!
- Soy is a renewable resource. These clean-burning candles are also better for the environment and for USA farmers than paraffin, since they come from a natural, renewable resource!
How long will it take to get my candles? What is your processing and shipping time?
We ship every business day, Monday through Friday, so shipments are usually delivered within 3-5 business days of order receipt.
Do you offer rush shipping?
Yes! Expedited shipping gives the buyer priority over all other orders meaning they are sent out first. They are also sent in priority shipping boxes or envelopes and take only 1-3 days to arrive.
Are the candle jars recyclable?
Yes, please recycle! We use easy to dissolve labels and glue dots for this very reason. They make cute containers for just about everything.
- The jar is dishwasher safe, and the lid is hand-wash only.
How should I store and care for my candles?
For candles you are not using right away, either lit or unlit, it is best to store them in a dark space at room temperature e.g. in a closed cabinet, etc.
- A dark space will help your candle maintain its color without fading
- Storing it at room temperature will ensure your candle stays in tact
If your candle is stored at too cold a temperature, you may see glass spots form on the outside. This does not affect the candle performance whatsoever and the spots will clear once the candle returns to room temperature.
I live in a hot climate, will this candle melt in the mail? Can I have it shipped faster?
- We have a special add-on listing that ensures your packaged is delivered with a signature confirmation – so your package is never left out in the hot sun to melt! You can add this to your order HERE.
- There is also a rush shipping profile set up as well, in case you can’t wait to get your candles! Please be sure to utilize these options during check-out if you’re on a time crunch!
Do you do bulk orders and/or custom candles?
Yes, we are happy to! We have created candles for subscription boxes, weddings, bridal showers, proms, small shops, bookstores and business events.
- With just 2 weeks’ notice, we can make 2500 customized candles for any event. Contact us at HERE and let’s talk!
For larger quantities, please allow extra time. More precise timelines can be discussed via email.
Do you offer wholesale pricing?
Yes, we love working with store owners and other companies! Please send us a message HERE
How can I save money on shipping?
We recommend ordering more items at a time which allows us to ship them for a cheaper price (when compared to shipping individually) As always, we offer FREE domestic shipping on all retail orders over $45!
The flame on the candle is kind of small, will it go out?
Not at all! The Original Adorable Size Candle® has a very small flame, to match its adorable size – it will not go out. If you have any problems with your candle, don’t hesitate to email us.
Why doesn’t my candle’s color exactly match the picture on your website?
We hand-pour all our candles with USA-grown soy, so this is part of the nature of working with handmade, soy/natural products. We strive to optimize the candle-burning experience, so we lid our jars at a certain point during the curing process to ensure all candles have maximum scent impact.
- Occasionally, this means there may be slight color variances or small spots on the outside of the jar from pouring. Both properties are normal & do not affect the performance of the products in any way! Your candle will burn and smell just as it should.
My candle is marbleized/frosted in appearance. Is it defective?
Not at all! Keep in mind that soy is a natural product, so this is the nature of working with soy/natural products. From time to time, this may mean that there may be slight color variances or small spots on the outside of the jar from curing.
- Both properties are normal & do not affect the performance of the products in any way! Your candle will burn and smell just as it should.
If you don't see an answer to your question here, please contact us at:
We reply to all inquiries within 48 hours!